art

New York Art

13:00


For my university course we were recently given the option of a trip to New York. New York is an amazing city for art, galleries and of course food! Whilst in New York I visited a range of galleries, exhibitions and saw lots of random art work throughout different bureaus.



This artwork is from a gallery we stumbled across whilst on the high line. We couldn't take pictures in there but I managed to get this one of artwork that was featured above the stairs. The walls and steps were splattered with pink paint and their was a bright neon sign saying 'I love you'. The gallery had a range of work, from pop art portraits to more modern contemporary art.


This is a picture from the Victoria Secret exhibition 'The retrospective'. The collection had work from the most recent runway they did. It had all the outfits and even a table showing how they made the beautiful outfits. I will be doing a whole blog post on this collection as its one of my personal favourites from the New York trip.


This was a piece from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. If you have ever seen Gossip Girl you'll know why I was so excited to be here! The gallery was huge inside and it had a range of sections from Greek to Egypt to Modern Contemporary Art. 


This was an advertisement in Soho that I thought was interesting. Soho was another one of my favourite places in New York, it had a young vibe there and there were lots of cafe's, shops etc. 


Mini Statues outside a shop near the Empire State building!


This artwork was from the high line. I love how creative it was. This paragraph is relevant to today's current politic issues even though it was written in 1992. Its a shame that in nearly 30 years not much has changed. 


A sign on the high line that was quite funny due to how cold it was in New York at that current moment. 

Unfortunately this is not all the pictures I took as i'm currently at university and I have left my camera at home, hopefully in the future I will be able to update this post with the other pictures that I took. I managed to capture lots of bold pieces in Brooklyn that I hope to add.

Thankyou for reading 

(Pictures taken by me)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments